Payback (2023) | Card & Predictions

The following is the MATCH CARD and my PREDICTIONS for WWE Payback 2023.

Women's World Championship
Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Raquel Rodriguez

PREDICTION: Rhea Ripley (c)

United States Championship
Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Austin Theory

PREDICTION: Rey Mysterio (c)

Singles Match
The Miz vs. LA Knight

PREDICTION: LA Knight

Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships
Kevin Owens (c) & Sami Zayn (c)
vs. Damian Priest & Finn Balor

PREDICTION: Kevin Owens (c) & Sami Zayn (c)

The Grayson Waller Effect
w/ Grayson Waller
w/ special guest Cody Rhodes

Steel Cage Match
Becky Lynch vs. Trish Stratus

PREDICTION: Becky Lynch

World Heavyweight Championship
Seth "Freakin" Rollins (c)
vs. Shinsuka Nakamura

PREDICTION: SETH "FREAKIN" ROLLINS (c)


COMMENTS
I can see Damian possibly cashing in the MITB briefcase because of the fact I see him and Balor losing their efforts at the tag titles earlier in the night. But would they really pull the trigger on that for a B show like Payback? I'm not real sure. Would be fun to see. Plus, if Rollins needs some time off for his back to heal up a bit, having Priest run with the title for a bit and feud with Balor I'd be alright with it. Should be interesting.

I definitely see Zoey Stark interfering in the Steel Cage match, no brainer. Also, I hope this is the end of Lynch vs Stratus' feud. I'm pretty over it. Where's Lita in all of this btw? Maybe she returns at Payback during the match. Lita vs Trish one last time?

I originally was thinking Santos Escobar would turn on Mysterio here at Payback, but I think they should play it out a bit longer... maybe have Escobar turn on Rey during Mania season. Rey wins here as he should and hold the title for a bit.

I don't see Nakamura getting the belt, even though he's been built up rather well for this Rollins match. Rollins wins clean and maybe Priest cashes in. Rollins might take some time off for his back, like I said earlier.

Other than that, I have no other real thoughts about the show. It's been a fun and good build up for this event, much better than Summerslam (other than The Bloodline story).

EVENT INFO
Date: Saturday, September 2, 2023
City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Venue: PPG Paints Arena
Time: 8PM (ET) 5PM (PT)
Where to watch: Peacock

*card subject to change

Comments

Trending